home Home Page



  1. Membership is open to everyone interested in the study of Genealogy and Family History who share the aims and objectives of the society.
  2. Membership subscriptions are paid annually. The membership year runs from January to December. The Society sends out renewals for payment from November.
  3. You may join at anytime and will receive the full complement of quarterly Journals dependent upon the time of year.
  4. A full member may apply for household membership, at a reduced rate, for any person permanently residing at the full member's address. Only full members receive the Journal. All other society facilities and privileges are open to household members.
  5. Special rates apply to institutions, other than those in Northumberland and Durham.
  6. Membership rates are subject to review from time to time.

Join the Society Now

Please ensure that additional family members are added to the Shopping Cart before proceeding to the check-out;
and please ensure that the delivery address selected during the check-out procedure is the address to which your NDFHS Journals should be sent.

Please consider paying your subscription using Gift Aid - use the Yes/No boxes below

GIFT AID DECLARATION for past & future donations
Please treat as Gift Aid donations all qualifying gifts of money made in the past 4 years and in the future.
I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
I understand the charity will reclaim 28p of tax on every 1 that I gave up to 5 April 2008 and will reclaim 25p of tax on every 1 that I give on or after 6 April 2008.
Please notify the membership secretary (membership@NDFHS.org) if you: Want to cancel this declaration; or Change your name or home address; or No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

UK Personal (including Personal Members at BFPO addresses)


I have read the declaration above
and wish to donate through Gift Aid

Overseas Personal


I have read the declaration above
and wish to donate through Gift Aid

Additional Family Members At Same Address


I have read the declaration above
and wish to donate through Gift Aid

Northumberland & Durham Institutions


Other Institutions


Alternatively you can print out and complete an application form and post it to the Society with your payment.

upTop of the page homeNDFHS

Valid HTML 4.0!

Last updated: 24th September 2012

Contact the NDFHS Webmaster

2012 NDFHS